At Hobby Dental, our first goal is to help you keep your natural teeth healthy for as long as possible. Sometimes, though, a problem can develop, and it may be necessary for us to remove a tooth to protect your oral health. We are here when you have an emergency tooth extraction.
Dr. Missonne and our kind, caring team have helped many patients who need to have a tooth extracted. We know that the thought of having a tooth pulled is scary for most people. So we do everything we can to make the experience relaxing and stress-free. Let us be your emergency dentist and you will not be disappointed.
Reasons for Tooth Extraction
Here's a list of some reasons why it may be necessary to remove a tooth:
- Severe Decay – Decay has done so much damage that there’s not enough healthy tooth left to save it with other treatments.
- Infected Root Canal – Infection has reached deep inside your tooth and cannot be treated with a root canal.
- Dental Trauma – The tooth is broken or deeply cracked and cannot be fixed any other way.
- Preparation for Dentures – We may need to remove one or more teeth to get ready for full or partial dentures.
- Crowded Wisdom Teeth – Wisdom teeth are crowding other teeth and need to be removed to ensure proper alignment.
- Orthodontic Treatment – If your child needs braces, we may need remove some baby teeth to make sure that permanent teeth grow in properly.
Special Treatment for Your Kids
Having a tooth extracted can be scary for a child. We know that your main concern is to keep your child safe and comfortable.
We treat many children at our Houston dental office, and we will help both you and your child have a calm, stress-free experience. Our gentle team knows how to handle the unique needs of children, especially during procedures like tooth extraction. You can be confident that your child’s comfort and well-being are in the hands of caring, understanding professionals.
Your Comfort Comes First
We know that a trip to the dentist for any reason can be stressful for many people, and almost everyone has some anxiety about having a tooth extracted. This is very common, and you can be sure that we understand your concerns. We use updated technology and a caring approach so that extractions at our Houston dental office are nothing to worry about.
Dr. Missonne can help you decide if sedation will help you stay calm. There are many options available that helps many people relax during their treatment to reduce your anxiety but no necessarily“put you to sleep. Our dental team is here to support you and will be with you during the entire procedure to make sure you are completely comfortable.
When the procedure is finished, we will stay with you until we’re sure that you’re ready to go home. We’ll give you instructions for care after treatment, and we’re always available by phone to answer any questions you may have once you get home.
Please Contact Our Office for More Information
If you have questions about tooth extraction, please give us a call. You can be sure that your treatment will be handled by our gentle, caring team. We'll always listen to your concerns and make sure that you have the most comfortable experience possible.